Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Birthday to our big boy.

Today is Dawson's 2nd birthday. I can hardly believe it. The past two years have absolutely flown by. I am so glad I have pictures and video to help me remember how tiny he was. Having a child makes you all emotional so fogive me. I remember two years ago having the doctor tell me to head to the hospital to have our baby. I was 37 weeks pregnant but my blood pressure was too high and I was pre-eclamptic. So much for the Olive Garden lunch I was planning to have with my mom! My mom was at the appointment with me...DH (dear husband to all of you non-online chatters) was at work. We went straight to the hospital and I got all settled around 1:00 or so and the pitocin was started that afternoon. Dawson was born at 10:19 on March 24th. He was so beautiful. He had a full head of black hair and olive skin. He looked just like me when I was a baby. Now everyone says he looks just like DH...I guess that is good since he is a boy! Those first couple of months felt like they were creeping by since we were constantly tired but little did I know...they were gone in an instant.

Life is so precious. Children are truly a gift from God. I see Him in Dawson's sweet little innocent eyes everyday. Happy birthday little man. We love you so much.




Here are a few snapshots from his party on Saturday!!







4 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Birthday! It's my oldest's birthday today too, his 8th! I hope he had a great day!

Jani said...

Awww, how fun! My daughter is totally coveting that cake, too. Happy Birthday little boy! :)

kyle hitchcock said...

Precious pictures...and of course it is so sad that they grow up so quickly. You have precious pictures to look back on though...
Love in Christ, Kyle

emily e. said...

aww...happy bday D!...my oldest is 5 this week!!